Post Installation Support
Post Installation Support
AESI is as interested in our customers projects after they are commissioned as when we are providing them. A lynch pin to our corporate strategy is zero defects regarding installed systems. Not only must every system function as planned but also must demonstrate, tangibly, the robustness which we know are inherent to them.
As a realistic assumption, all equipment is destined for some issues, and how problems are solved when they arise is as defining for a company as any other activity they may engage in. This leads to another corporate lynch pin within AESI, and that is our founding of the firm from the operating platform, since 1955, of WBI, a separate but wholly owned corporation.
For 55 years, WBI has supported the design, installation and maintenance of industrial ovens, boilers, autoclaves, furnaces, burners, and controls. Legacy knowledge gained over the last half century enables us to offer implementable, industrial energy solutions for upgrading or replacing existing boiler systems with those fueled by Biomass.
More directly, AESI has incorporated exiting supply logistics for field service engineers and parts supply. Existing skill sets derive from professionals who have provided boilers and related parts/services to industrial, institutional and commercial customers. This means AESI is fully equipped after the sale to effectively:
• Supply parts, service, and technology for the production/control of energy and heat through various media.
• Support our customers in developing incremental and long-term energy solutions using proven technology that offer significant improvements in system performance and efficiency.
The performance of AESI systems is guaranteed for 12 months for regular operation and in any case no longer than 18 months after the date of delivery.
• Availability – AESI guarantees that if the Biomass Boilers are operated per the written procedures and fuel qualities remain at or above the levels provided to AESI at time of system proposal, the plant availability will be >90% which allows for maintenance and unscheduled outages. After the first year of operation the plant is expected to exceed this availability when operated in accordance with the Operation and Maintenance manuals.
• Capacity – AESI guarantees that if the Biomass Boilers are operated per the written procedures and fuel qualities remain at 95% or above the levels indicated based on data provided to AESI at time of system proposal, the delivery capacity will remain at 95% or above, the name plate boiler rating.
• Emissions Limits – System emissions are fuel specific and determined through either estimated calculations from a qualified air permitting specialist or through real time emissions profiling and third party emission testing professionals. These activities are conducted during AESI executed burn test activities.
AESI agrees to warranty (Make Good) that the system processes work as design forecasts indicate when plant operations are operated within correct protocols with fuel as specified during design.
Make Good applies to: Plant performance (efficiency and power capacity) falling below 90% of committed values for a continuous, sustained period. A continuous, sustained period is defined as “more than 24 contiguous hours”.
As advantageous as warranties and guarantees may be, the deliverable must begin with reliable, dependable, need meeting solutions.
One Year Complete Parts Warranty
Mechanical warranty covers all parts against material and workmanship defects that may give rise within the period of the warranty to defects that are clearly attributable to shortcomings in manufacturing. In fulfilling this warranty, we are solely obliged to replace all parts having the above mentioned defects excluding any other obligations and responsibilities for direct or indirect damage to persons or property.
Five Year Major Component Warranty
AESI warranties the heat ex-changers in the gasifier, refractory section and fuel conversion base unit for five years. This warranty is specific to failures that are clearly attributable to shortcomings in manufacturing. In fulfilling this warranty, we are solely obliged to replace all parts having the above mentioned defects excluding any other obligations and responsibilities for direct or indirect damage to persons or property. This warranty is for equipment only, and not inclusive of labor.
The warranty does not include the following kinds of damage:
• Improper storage of the goods supplied while waiting to be assembled
• Normal wear of materials
• Operation outside our operating parameters as detailed in our maintenance and operation’s manual
• Corrosion of materials in the fire-side circuits caused by formation of acidic condensate due to operation
at low temperatures
• Corrosion and/ or deformation of materials due to over-temperature caused by clogging and/or scaling in fire
• Irregular or inadequate maintenance
• Use of equipment not complying with the purpose for which it was manufactured